Lake County Democrats were energized by the recent annual California Democratic Convention in San Diego. In attendance were, left to right:
Carlos Negrete, Chair of Lake County Democratic Central Committee (LCDCC) , Becky Curry, Vice Chair LCDCC, Susan Cameron, Chair of the Lake County Democratic Club, Virginia Cerenio, Tom Jordan and Stephanie Pawah. Attendees missing from photo are Sissa and Doug Harris, Natalie Higley & Ava Kennedy.
Our party voted to recommend the following positions for the June 5, 2018 Statewide Ballot Measures
Proposition 68 – Support – Parks, Environment & Water Bond
- A “yes” vote supports this measure to authorize $4 billion in general obligation bonds for state and local parks, environmental protection projects, water infrastructure projects, and flood protection projects.
California_Proposition_68,_ Parks,_Environment,_and_Water_ Bond_(June_2018)
Proposition 69 – Support – Transportation Taxes and Fees Lockbox and Appropriations Limit Exemption Amendment,
- A “yes” vote supports this amendment to:
- require that revenue from the diesel sales tax and Transportation Improvement Fee, as enacted by Senate Bill 1 (SB 1), be used for transportation-related purposes; and
- exempt revenue generated by SB 1’s tax increases and fee schedules from the state appropriations limit.
California_Proposition_69,_ Transportation_Taxes_and_Fees_ Lockbox_and_Appropriations_ Limit_Exemption_Amendment_( June_2018)
Proposition 70 – Oppose – Vote Requirement to Use Cap-and-Trade Revenue Amendment
- A “no” vote opposes this amendment to require a one-time two-thirds vote in each legislative chamber in 2024 or thereafter to pass a spending plan for revenue from the state’s cap-and-trade program.
California_Proposition_70,_ Vote_Requirement_to_Use_Cap- and-Trade_Revenue_Amendment_( June_2018)
Proposition 71 – Support – Effective Date of Ballot Measures Amendment (June 2018)
- A “yes” vote supports this amendment to move the effective date of ballot propositions, including citizen initiatives and legislative referrals, from the day after election day to the fifth day after the secretary of state certifies election results.
California_Proposition_71,_ Effective_Date_of_Ballot_ Measures_Amendment_(June_2018)
Proposition 72 – Support – Rainwater Capture Systems Excluded from Property Tax Assessments Amendment (June 2018)
- A “yes” vote supports this amendment to allow the state legislature to exclude rainwater capture systems added after January 1, 2019, from property tax reassessments.
California_Proposition_72,_ Rainwater_Capture_Systems_ Excluded_from_Property_Tax_ Assessments_Amendment_(June_ 2018)