March 2, 2015
Date: March 14, 2015
Time: 8:30am – 12:00pm
Place: IBEW LU 180, 720-B Technology Way, Napa CA 94558
This California Democratic Council (CDC) workshop resulted from an assessment of local Democratic Clubs around the state, which wanted help with a number of critical issues:
- Declining club membership and a need for club growth, effectiveness, and relevance
- Developing concern about club meetings/events and a need to make them more interesting, informative, and fun
- Increased interest in gaining a better understanding of Robert’s Rules of Order, including how to bring order to a disorderly meeting
- Increasing number of untrained club treasurers and the need for a “keep it simple,” but “keep us out of jail” workshop
- Increasing threats to basic democratic principles and the need to clarify and expand the progressive message
- Growing concern that we need to get motivated, organized and ready to elect Democrats in 2016
The Workshop for Dem Club Leaders and Club Treasurers is scheduled for Saturday, March 14, 2015, 8:30 am – 12:00 pm, at the IBEW LU 180, 720-B Technology Way, CA 94558.
Our expert presenters/discussion leaders will include:
- Jess Durfee, National Democratic Committee Member and Immediate Past Chair of the San Diego County Democratic Party
- Herb Engstrom, Club Treasurer and CDC Treasure
Agenda for the morning sessions:
- 08:00am – Setup
- 08:30am – Registration and Social (coffee, tea, juice, snacks)
- 08:45am – Session 1: What Club Treasurers Needs to Know and Do (Keep it Simple)?
- 10:00am – Break
- 10:15am – Session 2: How to Run Good Meetings and Robert’s Rules (Best Practices)?
- 11:45pm – Closure and Clean Up
- 12:00pm – Conclude
RSVP and for more information, follow the link… Workshop Registration by Donation